Homeowners Associations, Condominiums, Restrictive Covenants
Homeowners Associations, Condominiums and Restrictive Covenants
A myriad of legal challenges, responsibilities and tasks fall upon developers, builders and other parties interested in or involved in homeowners associations, condominiums and restrictive covenants. Andersen, Tate & Carr, P.C. is a preferred source of counsel and representation in issues such as the following:
- Residential and commercial restrictive covenants
- Homeowners association incorporation and establishment
- Condominium creation and administration
Our lawyers represent developers, builders, and community associations in the creation, administration, and interpretation of common ownership and governance structures for commercial, residential and mixed use property. To schedule a consultation, call or e-mail us through this Web site.
Our attorneys are available to advise and assist in the following matters pertaining to homeowners associations, condominiums, and covenants:
- All aspects of creating, modifying, and administering an association
- Creation of "green covenants"
- Creation of age-restricted communities
- Adoption of Georgia Property Owners Association Act provisions
- Extension of covenants facing the statutory 20 year cut off provided by O.C.G.A. Section 44-5-60
- Condominium creation and administration, including conversions
- Collection and enforcement actions (collection letters, liens, and filing suit)
- All sides of "turning over" control of an association from developer to owner, including the representation of the interests of lenders in possession of portions of distressed developments (dealing with "Declarant rights").
The business and real estate lawyers at Andersen, Tate & Carr, P.C. serve businesses and individuals throughout Gwinnett County and the Northern Metro Atlanta area. We welcome the opportunity to evaluate a potential clients’ needs, goals and concerns. We are prepared to listen attentively and offer well-crafted advice and assistance in all phases of the establishment, operation or dissolution of a homeowners association or condominium association, including conversions, amendments, sale or lease transactions. Contact us to schedule a consultation.