Eminent Domain & Condemntation
Eminent Domain & Condemnation
Businesses and individuals throughout Gwinnett County and the Northern Atlanta metro area look to Andersen, Tate & Carr, P.C. for advice and representation in a variety of situations involving land ownership. When a client’s property is threatened by eminent domain proceedings of local or state governments, we help our clients determine the most favorable course of action — and then help them pursue that outcome if at all possible.
The attorneys of Andersen, Tate & Carr, P.C. have helped a number of clients obtain the best possible result in eminent domain proceedings. Partner Thomas Tate has represented landowners in numerous cases, and recently earned a $9 million verdict on behalf of a property owner. Depending on the facts of a case, we may counsel a client to take any of the following actions:
- Eminent domain defense: fighting the government take-over of private land.
- Mitigation through compensation: negotiating the highest dollar value of land to be taken by eminent domain.
- Insistence on favorable conditions regarding transfer of property. This may have to do with timing, dollar amount or sequence of events associated with eminent domain.
- Challenging the condemnation of private property for "public use" through conversion to another private, tax-generating use.
- Inverse Condemnation: negotiating for government purchase of private property after its usefulness has been harmed through zoning changes, redevelopment or flooding.
Call or e-mail our law firm to schedule a consultation with a Georgia eminent domain lawyer regarding any of these or other legal matters regarding pending or ongoing eminent domain proceedings.