Melody Glouton is a member of the Litigation Group at Andersen, Tate & Carr. She specializes in trust and estate litigation, including contested will cases, claims for breach of fiduciary duties, and contested guardianships and conservatorships. Her litigation practice also includes representing the survivors of catastrophic personal injury cases and victims of wrongful death. She has represented injured individuals and their families in a wide range of injury and death claims, including those resulting from the negligent conduct of another or defective products. Melody recently tried a two week wrongful death jury trial in Gwinnett County that resulted in a verdict in excess of four million dollars. She also handles civil litigation cases, where she represents individuals and businesses in trial and appellate matters.
During law school, Melody was awarded several honors, including the D. Meade Field Memorial Award, the Faculty Award for Outstanding Achievement in Legal Writing, and an alumni merit scholarship.
Upon receiving her law degree, she began her legal career as an associate at Swift Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP in Atlanta where she practiced primarily in automobile litigation, catastrophic litigation and wrongful death, and product liability. She practiced in another Gwinnett County law firm for ten years where she focused her practice primarily on estate planning, trusts and estates litigation, and probate administration. She represented clients of all wealth classifications and in the course of specializing in the area. She administered numerous complex estates and successfully prosecuted and defended will contests and fiduciary claims involving executor and trustee misconduct. She joined the firm in January 2014.
Melody is very active in the Gwinnett County community and serves on numerous charitable boards and organizations. In addition to her charitable work, she was appointed by the Supreme Court of Georgia to the State Disciplinary Board Investigative Panel, which has the power to investigate and discipline members of the State Bar of Georgia for violations of the Standards of Conduct set forth in the Georgia Rules of Professional Conduct.
Melody is a native of Gwinnett County. She currently resides in the Hamilton Mill area of Gwinnett County with her husband Matt, and their two children, Briggs and Ellison.
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 2002
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- Juris Doctor – 2002
- Honors: Member, Mercer Moot Court Board; Order of Barristers
- Law Review: Member, Mercer Law Review
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- Bachelor of Arts – 1996
- Major- Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Fiduciary Law Section, General Practice & Trial Law Section
- Gwinnett County Bar Association, Estate and Probate Section
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers, Gwinnett Chapter - Treasurer
- Senior Resource Partners Group – Founding Member
- Gwinnett Council for Seniors – Patron and Advisor
- Community Foundation for Northeast Georgia, Professional Advisors Committee and Donor Development Committee
- Gwinnett County Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Section Chair
- Leadership Gwinnett, 2014 Graduate
- Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, Member