Our company was owed a substantial amount of money from a property owner who chose not to fully pay the subcontractors that built his project. There were many subcontractors that were owed on the project along with Shumate. Through vigorous pursuit of several avenues toward the property owner, the bank that had financed the project, and the Title Insurance company insuring the closing attorney of the construction loan, Don helped us obtain a six figure settlement. I believe our company was one of the few that were paid anything near what they were owed, and I attribute that success entirely to Don.
-- Mikhail Britt, Shumate Mechanical
Don Swift is the Managing Partner of Andersen Tate & Carr, P.C. In addition to his executive duties, Don maintains his practice in the areas of complex litigation and dispute resolution. He has a wide range of experience representing clients in a number of different areas, including business disputes, real estate and construction litigation, and serious cases of personal injury and wrongful death. Don also counsels his clients regarding general legal and business matters, including risk management and litigation avoidance. Don has tried cases in both federal and state courts and has argued successfully in the Supreme Court of Georgia.
While in law school, he was a member of the Editorial Board of the Georgia Law Review (1995-96) as well as Team Member (1995-1996) and later, Executive Chairman (1996-97) of the Moot Court Board. He was also Order of the Coif as well as a member of the Order of the Barristers.
Don is active in many civic and charitable organizations. He and his family reside in Sugar Hill, where they are active members of Saint Columba’s Episcopal Church.
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- Juris Doctor (Magna Cum Laude) – 1997
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Member, The Order of the Barristers
- Law Review: Georgia Law Review, Member, The Editorial Board
- Moot Court Board: Member, Executive Director
- University of Georgia Terry College of Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Cum Laude) – 1992
- Honors: Member, Phi Gamma Delta
- Major: Risk Management and Insurance
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Atlanta Lawyers Club, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Leadership Gwinnett -2001 Graduate
- Gwinnett County Public Library Foundation Board Member
- Partnership Gwinnett 3.0 Campaign, Co-Chair
- Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, Chairman’s Club Member